With the consequences of missing teeth, individuals experience setbacks in their appearance and oral health, not to mention compromised speech and possible bone loss in the jaw. Thus, as the gold standard in restorative dentistry, dental implants are an exceptional option for replacing missing teeth.
Among the many benefits of dental implants, WebMD highlights the following:
- Improved Appearance – Dental implants provide a near-exact replica of an individual’s natural teeth. With time, the implant fuses with existing bone in the jaw, which means that implants are a permanent solution.
- Improved Speech – While other options for replacing missing teeth are out there (dentures and/or dental bridges), dental implants allow individuals to speak with confidence, knowing that their restoration is stable and customized to fit.
- Eating Is Made Easy – When compared with dentures, dental implants allow patients to eat with confidence and ease. This is because dental implants function similar to natural teeth.
- Improved Self-Esteem – Dental implants give individuals the freedom to smile, laugh and enjoy life again.
- Improved Oral Health – While dentures and even a tooth-supported dental bridge requires some amount of tooth preparation, dental implants do not. Moreover, adjacent teeth are not changed to provide support for the implant. This means that more natural tooth structure is preserved, and this is better for one’s oral health.
- Durability – With proper care, most dental implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience – Because they become a real part of an individual by fusing to bone in the jaw, dental implants are not removable. There’s no worry about keeping them in place with messy adhesives or removing them to clean each day.
Whether replacing a single tooth or a full arch of missing teeth, dental implants offer patients the unique option of restoring their smile permanently with confidence. At Alora Dentistry in Napa Valley, we offer excellence in implant dentistry, with a team of highly qualified dentists and advanced technologies to streamline the process.
To experience hassle-free dentistry and outstanding results in dental implants, call Alora Dentistry today.