All-on-4 Dental Implants Near Sonoma
Need to replace a full arch of missing teeth? Patients living in Sonoma have access to top-rated options dental implants. Alora Dentistry is pleased to offer All-on-4 dental implant system, which offers valued advantages to patients in terms of comfort, convenience and cost.
What are All-on-4 Implants?
All-on-4 dental implants are a type of dental implant-supported restoration used to replace a full arch of missing teeth. This technique is designed to provide a complete set of new teeth using only four dental implants per arch, hence the name “All-on-4.” It is a popular and efficient treatment option for individuals who have lost most or all of their teeth in either the upper or lower jaw.
What to Expect When Choosing All-on-4 Implants?
The All-on-4 dental implant procedure involves the following key steps:
- Initial Consultation: The dentist or oral surgeon will assess your oral health, take necessary X-rays and scans, and discuss your treatment goals and options.
- Treatment Planning: A customized treatment plan is created based on your individual needs. This includes determining the optimal placement of the dental implants and designing the final prosthesis.
- Implant Placement: During a surgical procedure, four dental implants are strategically placed in the jawbone. Typically, two implants are inserted vertically in the front of the jaw, while two implants are inserted at an angle in the back of the jaw to maximize stability and support.
- Temporary Restoration: A temporary set of teeth (provisional prosthesis) is attached to the implants on the same day of the surgery. This allows you to leave the dental office with functional teeth while the implants integrate with the jawbone.
- Healing and Osseointegration: Over the next few months, the dental implants fuse with the surrounding bone through a process called osseointegration. This provides a stable foundation for the final prosthesis.
- Final Prosthesis: Once the implants have fully integrated, the temporary teeth are replaced with a permanent, custom-designed set of teeth. The final prosthesis is typically made from high-quality materials like porcelain or zirconia, providing a natural-looking and durable solution.
Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
There are many valued reasons why patients prefer the All-on-4 dental implant system compared to traditional dentures or other implant denture options. Here are some highlighted benefits to be gained:
- Improved Function: All-on-4 implants restore your ability to bite, chew, and speak properly, enhancing your overall oral function.
- Aesthetics: The final prosthesis is designed to look like natural teeth, improving your smile and facial appearance.
- Stability: The strategic placement and angulation of the implants maximize stability and minimize the need for additional procedures like bone grafting.
- Faster Treatment: Compared to traditional implant techniques, All-on-4 implants often require fewer implants and can be completed in a shorter timeframe.
- Reduced Cost: The simplified treatment process and fewer implants can result in a more cost-effective solution compared to replacing each missing tooth individually.
Keep in mind that the success and longevity of your All-on-4 dental implants depend on various factors, including oral health, bone density, and maintenance through regular dental check-ups and proper oral hygiene.
Are You a Candidate for All-on-4 Implants in Yountville?
If you live in Yountville or Sonoma, you may be a candidate for All-on-4 implants with Dr. Dalla. While an in-office consultation is the only way to accurately determine if you qualify for this procedure, here is some general criteria for ideal All-on-4 candidates:
- Tooth Loss: The candidate should be missing most or all of their teeth in either the upper or lower jaw, or have teeth that are severely damaged or decayed beyond repair.
- Sufficient Jawbone: Adequate jawbone density and volume are necessary to support the dental implants. However, in some cases, bone grafting procedures can be performed to augment the bone if it is insufficient.
- Good Oral Health: The candidate should have generally good oral health, with no active gum disease or untreated dental infections. Any existing oral health issues should be addressed before proceeding with the implant procedure.
- Overall Health: The candidate should be in good overall health, as certain medical conditions or medications can affect the success of the implant procedure. It is important to disclose any medical conditions and medications to our dental team during the consultation.
- Commitment to Oral Hygiene: Proper oral hygiene practices are crucial for the long-term success of All-on-4 dental implants. The candidate should be willing to maintain excellent oral hygiene, including regular brushing, flossing, and dental check-ups.
- Non-Smoker: Smoking can significantly impact the healing process and increase the risk of implant failure. Ideal candidates for All-on-4 implants are typically non-smokers or willing to quit smoking before and after the procedure.
- Realistic Expectations: It is important for candidates to have realistic expectations about the outcomes and limitations of the All-on-4 implant procedure. A thorough discussion with Dr. Dalla in Sonoma can help manage expectations and address any concerns.
While All-on-4 dental implants offer many benefits, Alora Dentistry recognizes that each patient’s case is unique. If you do not qualify for this procedure, we are confident we can find another option to rebuild your smile after missing teeth.
Call or contact Alora Dentistry online today to learn if All-on-4 Implants are right for you. Our office gives Sonoma and Yountville patients the best that modern dentistry has to offer!