Invisalign is one of the preferred treatment for straightening the teeth nowadays. Its removability, clear appearance, comfort, and convenience make it an ideal treatment for teens and adults. Although it is an ideal treatment for correcting teeth imperfections, the teeth’s proper maintenance and the effectivity of the procedure still depends on the patient.
Alora Dentistry is proud to provide Invisalign as a modern Orthodontic treatment to correct the appearance and position of the teeth. By correcting malocclusions, overcrowding, or crooked teeth, it guarantees that all the areas of the teeth can be properly cleaned. Soft-bristled toothbrush and floss can reach any areas where the teeth meet.
5 Tips For Invisalign Success
- Since Invisalign trays should be worn for 20 to 22 hours, it is best to clean the aligner tray during eating. Soak the aligner in a mixture of water and mouthwash to keep it sanitized and ready for reapplication.
- Make sure to clean the teeth after eating and before wearing the Invisalign tray. It is to prevent bacterias from building up on the surface of the trays that may cause infection and damage.
- Set a phone reminder to make sure that the trays are worn every time. It is also better to set a reminder for the replacement of the tray. It is advised to replace the Invisalign tray every two weeks strictly following the provided sequence for better and efficient results.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush, gentle antibacterial soap, and lukewarm water when cleaning the tray. Do not use toothpaste and hot water when cleaning. Toothpaste can cause abrasion to the tray which can be noticeable, while hot water can deform the tray resulting in damaged aligner tray.
- Schedule an appointment every four to six weeks for the dentist to check the progress of the teeth’s movement. It is also necessary so that the dentist can provide any additional trays to complete the treatment.
Best Foods To Eat During Invisalign Treatment
- Dairy products such as Cheese and Yogurt. These foods do not only contain calcium and protein which is vital in supporting the health of the teeth, but it also raises the pH level of the mouth. Lower pH level in the mouth means that the bacterias can grow which can cause cavity if left unattended.
- Fruits and Vegetables that are high in water and with a crunchy texture. Keeping the mouth hydrated can help in the production of saliva that is essential in naturally cleaning the mouth. The crunchy textures of the fruits and vegetables can help in cleaning the teeth surfaces and removing any stuck food particles in between teeth.
- Berries. They may be known to cause discoloration, but that is possible with excessive intake partnered with poor oral hygiene. Berries have minerals and vitamins that can help in keeping the mouth healthy. Aside from the antioxidant properties of berries that are good for the health, it also has a compound that reduces the risk of plaque build-up on the teeth’s surface.
Teeth straightening may be important for the appearance and function of the teeth, but it is not just enough. Caring for the teeth during Invisalign treatment should be performed to make sure that while the teeth are properly positioned, it can still retain its health for beautiful and healthier smile.
Let us help you improve the appearance and form of your teeth! Book your appointment with us at Alora Dentistry for your Invisalign Treatment in Napa, CA. We are located at 917 Trancas Street, Suite A Napa, CA 94558.